- Published on August 3, 2017
- Last updated on May 23, 2018
- by Michelle Blackwood, RN
Delicious fresh and crunchy Raw Vegan Sushi rolls are filled with a yummy pate, avocado, carrot, and bell pepper!
I was in the mood for eating nori rolls today, I decided to make a delicious pate with sunflower seeds instead of rice. This sunflower seed pate was perfect for mimicking salmon. It was also bursting with fresh flavors of the vegetables. I wrapped it in raw un-toasted seaweed sheets along with avocado, carrots and bell peppers, so it is perfect for someone who is on a raw food diet.
I also have a great recipe for Vegan Sushi made with rice.
Choosing when possible, fresh organic veggies for your sushi ensures that you will end up with a flavorful recipe.
Nori seaweed is very popular in Asian cuisines, and it is perfect sea vegetable for someone who loved fish and is transitioning to a vegan diet. It is very healthy because it is loaded with B Vitamins, fiber, amino acids, and a significant amount of iodine. Read more about the benefits of nori HERE.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring Facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!
Energy: 189 kcal / 790 kJPer 100g
Preparation:10 minReady in:10 min
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 30 minutes
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 nori sheets
- 1 cup sunflower pate
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- Rinse and drain sunflower seeds, process sunflower seeds in a food processor until resembles bread crumbs.
- Add celery, pepper, onion, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, tahini, and salt in the food processor. Process until smooth, periodically pausing and using a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Lay 1 nori sheet, rough side up, on cutting board. Place 1/4 cup sunflower pate leaf on nori sheet, covering the sheet leaving 1/4 inch surrounding the edges
- Stack carrot strip avocado slice, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and carrot in narrow line 1 inch from the long edge of nori sheet.
- Fold nori sheet over vegetables, and roll sheet away from you as tightly as possible.
- Dab edge of the nori sheet with water to seal and close. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each roll into 6 bite-size pieces with serrated knife.
Michelle Blackwood, RN
Hi, I’m Michelle, I’m the voice, content creator and photographer behind Healthier Steps. I share vegan and gluten-free recipes because of past health issues. My goal is to help you make healthier choices and show you how healthy eating is easy and delicious.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.